Boons Transport (1986) Limited
ACQUIRE are delighted to announce the Completed Sale of Boons Transport (1986) Limited, a c.£4.5m Haulage Business with Pall-Ex Membership and over 70years history in the Transport Sector.
- Location: Peterborough
- Area of Business: Nationwide
- Sector: Transport
- Turnover: c. £4.5m
- Reason For Sale: Retirement
- Acquired By: BSCS Ltd
- Completion Timeline: 8 Weeks from Offer Acceptance
Founded in 1952, Boons Transport is a family run haulage Business specialising in palletised freight services and general haulage across the South and Midland regions. The Company operates a modern fleet of mainly DAF tucks and offers transport capabilities suitable for all types of consignment. Boons Transport has also been a member of the nationwide Pall-Ex Network since 2008.
Acquire held initial meetings with the shareholders to discuss the proposed sale and following review provided advice on the Company’s saleability and valuation, before preparing and presenting a confidential marketing / sale plan. Instructions were then placed for Acquire to facilitate the shareholders exits, which centred on retirement / semi-retirement.
A confidential marketing campaign was employed to identify suitable buyers, with activity synergy and affordability being the main drivers. No fewer than 40 serious expressions of interest were received in the form of signed and completed NDAs. Detailed sales information was then circulated to buyers and exploratory meetings arranged with those that our Clients approved. Multiple offers were received, negotiated and put forward for the sellers consideration.
The Completed Sale was brokered to Banyan Supply Chain Solutions Ltd within 8 weeks of Acquire agreeing the headline sale terms between the buyer and the sellers. A delight to work and negotiate with, Banyan are a dynamic group of expanding businesses centred on growth in the UK transport, logistics and warehousing sectors, we wish them every success with this excellent and exciting acquisition.
Acquire would also like to thank the Boon Family for the trust they showed in appointing us to manage and facilitate their sale, and we wish them lots of happiness in their well-earned retirement from the Business.
Legal expertise was provided to the sellers by Matt Worsnop, Corporate and Commercial Partner at BHW Solicitors in Leicester.
Acquire Business Sales guided the owners of Boons Transport (1986) Ltd through the selling process using a confidential plan that included:
- Confidential ‘no-cost’ consultancy on Business Valuation and Marketing Strategy prior to engagement
- Production of professional sales documents focused on the Key Features of the opportunity
- A research led marketing plan that identified trade / strategic acquirers from the UK and overseas
- Confidential buyer introductions directly executed using an anonymous acquisition summary
- Buyer qualification, signed NDAs and seller authority prior to disclosure of the Business’s identity
- Buyer / Seller meeting arrangements & follow up services
- Extraction of offers for the sellers consideration
- Offer appraisal including identification of potential risk areas to the seller
- Deal / Heads of Terms negotiation
- Deal management, buyer liaison and seller / advisor support through to completion